March is… National Athletic Training Month (NATM) – NYSATA Events
NATM 2013: “Every Body Needs an Athletic Trainer”
NYSATA is excited to announce a variety of events and initiatives for NATM. We hope you will join in the fun, all for a great cause – promoting our great profession!
“Therefore be it resolved, that this Legislative Body pause in its deliberations to memorialize Governor Andrew M. Cuomo to proclaim March 2013 as Athletic Training Month in the State of New York, and to recognize the important services provided by athletic trainers to New York’s citizens.” ~ Signed, NYS Senator Mark Grisanti, 60th District
- Promote AT for a chance to win! Check out our 2 Social Media contests: Twitter Trivia Contest (#NYNATM2013) & Facebook ‘You and Your AT’ Photo Contest.
- Challenge yourself to promote Athletic Training and NATM 2013 on Social Media all 31 days in March!
- The 11 NYS ATEPs have been challenged to create original videos on “How/Why ‘Every Body Needs an AT.’”
- Video viewing and open voting via the NYSATA website will run from Thurs., March 21 through Thurs., March 28 – Mark your calendars! VOTE HERE!
- The top 3 ATEPs will receive money to benefit their AT students & the winning video will be honored at the 2013 NYSATA Conference.
2013 NYSATA-Sponsored Speaker for all of NYS – Book a date today!
- Ray Ciancaglini, a former boxer who suffers from chronic post-concussive symptoms and has become an advocate/public speaker to raise awareness about concussions and second impact/repeated blows. www.thesecondimpact.com
- NYSATA is promoting/sponsoring his speaking engagements in NYS to any interested group (e.g. ATEP/college, local AT org., school/district, clinic/hospital). He is often able to accommodate multiple speaking engagements in one day and is available on weekends.
- To schedule an event with Ray for NATM (March), email NYSATA PR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consider creating a school- or community-wide event or join with other local ATs/ATEPs to make it a networking experience!
NATA Materials for NATM
- Show your pride as an AT during NATM! NATA has user-friendly materials available at: www.nata.org/national-athletic-training-month
- Add an email signature, change your voicemail message, post the logo or AT eCard on social media! Also includes sample event announcements and PSAs.
NYSATA Partners with the Brain Injury Association of NYS (BIANYS)
- NYSATA has partnered with the Brain Injury Association of NYS (BIANYS) to jointly promote NATM and Brain Injury Awareness Month – both in March!
- Check out their website at www.bianys.org and follow them on social media to help support our joint effort.
- The 2013 theme is: “Anytime, Anywhere, Anyone – Brain Injuries Do Not Discriminate”
NYS ATs Get Recognition from the NYS Public HS Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA)
- NYSPHSAA has agreed to support NATM and help recognize NYS ATs in the Secondary Schools! See the announcement posted on their homepage: www.nysphsaa.org
- NATM announcements were also made during the NYS Public HS Boys Basketball Championship Tournament on March 15-16 at the Glens Falls Civic Center in Glens Falls, NY.
Help NYSATA brag about our state’s efforts for NATM!
Remember to submit a brief write-up of any events or initiatives you hold during March to email@example.com.
In addition to recognizing your events, we will submit all NYS events to District 2 – and they will pass it on to NATA.
No matter how big or small, every effort counts!