March is… National Athletic Training Month (NATM) – NYSATA Events
NYSATA is excited to announce a variety of events and initiatives for NATM. We hope you will join in the fun, all for a great cause – promoting our great profession! Check the NYSATA Calendar for Events and Dates!
Legislative Letter Writing Campaign – Your Voice Matters! Participate during NATM for a chance to win!
- Submit Letters to your NYS district Senator & Assemblymember (templates & addresses provided!)
- Email copies to your NYSATA Region Rep (for submission to our Bill Sponsors)
- Then, ‘register’ your efforts with NYSATA via a brief survey so we can track our efforts by legislator and region. CLICK HERE for Letter Survey.
2014 Social Media Contests & Initiatives #NYNATM2014
- Twitter Trivia Contest = Mon., March 3 to Fri., March 28 (M-F) @ 1pm
- NYSATA Twitter Trending initiative = Fridays @ 1pm - see Social Media attachment
- Twitter Trending Blast = Tuesdays @ 3 pm
- Facebook Photo Contest – “We’ve Got Your Back” = March 1 to March 31 @ 12pm
- *NEW* NYSATA Facebook Group – Join Today for a chance to win!
2014 ATEP Student Video Contest NYS’s 11 ATEPs have again been invited to create original videos depicting How/Why “We’ve Got Your Back” as ATs
- Submission Deadline = Mon., March 24 @ 1pm
- Video Viewing & Voting = Mon., March 24 @ 1pm to Mon., March 31 – Mark your calendars! (Voting will not open March 24 @ 1pm)
Recommended Concussion Speaker: Ray Ciancaglini of The Second Impact – Book a date today!
- Ray, a former boxer who suffers from post-concussive degenerative brain disease, including CTE, has become a concussion advocate and does public speaking – at no cost – to raise awareness.
- To schedule: Visit The Second Impact.com – or email NYSATA PR: email@example.com
- Also, check out the NYSATA Calendar for an event in your area
NYSATA Partners with the Brain Injury Association of NYS (BIANYS) to co-promote NATM and Brain Injury Awareness Month – both in March!
- Check out www.bianys.org and follow them on social media!
- Their 2014 theme is:
Help NYSATA brag about our state’s efforts for NATM!
Remember to submit a brief write-up of any events or initiatives you hold during March to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to recognizing your events, we will submit all NYS events to District 2 – and they will pass it on to NATA.
No matter how big or small, every effort counts!